Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blog post #2





1. My primary is in the upper left hand corner. It is the yellow/orange/red object. My secondary is in the right side. it is a light green with a light purple smudges. My tertiary is on the bottom and is a light blue color.
2. I used the rules of emphasis to establish my primary, secondary, and tertiary by applying size, color, and placement.
3. The best part of my artwork is my primary and secondary. i like how the primary almost looks like a sun bursting out and how my secondary almost looks like a comet flying away from it. i like that they interact together and feed off of what they are doing together. i also like how i made them more than just one color. i think it makes the artwork more intersting to look at and different from other things.
4. My least favorite part is my tertiary and how much backround is showing. i feel like my tertiary is just there and not incorperating with the rest of the peice. i also think that there is to much backround showing and visible. it is to dominate looking and i need to find something to do with the bottom part of the artwork.
5. the next step to making that part better would work with it. i have to get my tertiary more involved with the rest. go with the bursting feel that everything else gives off. this will also help me with the backround problem. if i make the tertiary more involved the more backround will be used.
6. i am using blending mostly on my primary but also some on the secondary. the primary goes from yellow to orange to red, all blending together. also with the secondary, the light green and light purple are coming together. i am using variety when i discovered the smudge tool. i have used it to bring the shapes together and add something different to the piece of art.

1 comment:

  1. I used the rules of emphasis to establish my primary, secondary, and tertiary by applying size, color, and placement.

    Describe what you did in detail. How did you use these rules?

    ReplyDelete